A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- May 19, 2012


BLESSING IN DISGUISE
 
“For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me….” – John 16:27
 
When the person on whom we relied to build our ministry defected to another community, I felt disgusted. If I weren’t a Christian, and if obedience to a call was not my primary motive for serving, I would have simply left and moved on to a new mission field. But I discerned if the Lord really wanted me elsewhere even as I started to look for other ministries I could serve in.
I ended up getting hired by another ministry on a part-time basis while keeping my ties with my original group. I decided that I would leave the latter only if the Lord would tell me to move on.
Eventually, things returned to normal in our ministry except that I now have a part-time job in another ministry.
Looking back, I realized that the Lord allowed that experience of “disgust” to push me to a part-time job. I didn’t mind surviving on an allowance, which was all I was getting in my original ministry, as long as I was doing my mission. But the Father who loves me knew my needs and provided me with much more. Cristy Galang (cristy_cc@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Do I give up when things do not work according to what I want? Do I seek God’s will in everything I do?
 
Loving Father, I surrender to You all my decisions. May my life work only according to Your plan because I know it is the best for me. Amen.
 
St. Theophilus of Corte, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive