A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - May 31, 2012


Feast of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
31
Jesus, the Healer
 
“Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled.” – Luke 1:45
 
October 2010 was a traumatic time for my family. My sister was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer while struggling to fit in and raise a family in Adelaide, South Australia.
I remember waking up in the middle of the night in Manila, shaken and with heart palpitations out of concern for her and her family. All that my family and I could do was to hold on to God’s miraculous healing and mercy. In fact, we prayed day and night, and sang worship in the midst of all the fear we felt in our hearts.
Then on November 10, after her nine-hour abdominal surgery to remove the cancerous growth, and before she started a six-cycle chemotherapy treatment, she had a vision. It was God the Father telling her, “My child, now I’m completely healing you. Now, now, now.”
Five months later, having barely finished her chemo treatment, my sister’s CA 125 test revealed a value of 9 U/ml. An average, healthy person’s CA 125 level is below 35. She’s cancer-free! God heals miraculously then as He heals now!  Eugene Cailao (eugenecailao@gmail.com)
 
REFLECTION:
What factors in my life hinder me from totally surrendering to and believing inGod’s promises to me?
 
Father God, strip me of all my pretenses, issues and pride; that I may be able to fully trust and have faith in You forever. May I be like a child who trusts completely in his father whose voice alone comforts him.
 
St. Mechtildis, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive