A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Don’t be frustrated when your plans don’t happen. Maybe God has something better in store you - Daily Bible Reflections December 7,2014

Second Sunday of Advent
 
BETTER PLANS
 
“As it is written in Isaiah the prophet: ‘Behold, I send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way.’” – Mark 1:2
 
My plan was to leave the office at exactly 5 p.m. and go home early. But sometimes things don’t go as planned. I got a call from my wife who told me that our daughter needed a canvas for a project, which would only be available at the bookstore at 6:30 p.m.
       As I was parking near the store, my wife called again to say that our son lost his school I.D. Could I look around at the bookstore in case he left it there? I did but didn’t find it. The salesclerk also told me that the delivery of the canvas was going to be late so I had to wait longer. I decided to grab some food. I went to a nearby food cart, and there, I saw my son’s I.D. clipped near the price list! The vendor said she found it on the floor earlier.
       My plan didn’t happen but the unforeseen events led me to buy the canvas, retrieve the lost I.D., and eat my snack.
       Today’s Gospel tells us about the plan of God to send a messenger to announce the coming of the Messiah. His plan was proclaimed in the Old Testament and was fulfilled in the New Testament. God’s plan is always reliable. There is no need to worry when you put your trust in His ways. Alvin Fabella (alvinfabella@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Don’t be frustrated when your plans don’t happen. Maybe God has something better in store you.
 
Lord, bless all my plans today. I humbly accept any change in my plans for I know that You always have something better planned out for me.
 
St. Ambrose, bishop and doctor of the Church, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive