A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

When you are torn between two situations, what is the greater call? - Daily Bible Reflections August 8,2014


THE GREATER CALL
 
“Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me.” – Matthew 16:24
 
I didn’t want to be a burden to my sisters in my old age so I began investing regularly in a mutual fund and the stock market. I had also tucked away a few months’ worth of emergency money. I was growing confident that I would have a few millions when I retire.
       But a call for help came. I volunteered to shoulder my youngest nephew’s tuition fees and daily allowances.
       In the beginning, it was easy. But after a few months, it was becoming harder to sustain and my only option was to redeem part of my mutual fund investment.
       I was torn between thinking of my future need and my nephew’s present need.
       My heart was telling me to give and trust that the Lord will take care of my tomorrows. But practicality was getting in the way. So I prayed. The answer came in the form of a priest’s reflection in Sabbath (Scripture Meditations for Daily Life), which I was editing at that time. He wrote, “There is always urgency in reaching out to those in need.”
       Even Jesus defied the revered Sabbath law to heal a sick man. I can only follow in His steps. Tess V. Atienza (svp_tvatienza@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: When you are torn between two situations, what is the greater call?
 
Lord, may I always learn to listen to Your call in my heart and do what is most pleasing to You.
 
St. Dominic, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive