A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

If God only moves in the way you expect, then you have a very small god - Daily Bible Reflections August 10,2014

BEYOND OUR
EXPECTATION
 
But the Lord was not in the wind... – 1 Kings 19:11
 
When my three-month-old son was diagnosed with a rare heart condition, I was beyond despair. Then one of my friends in my prayer group had a dream about him being held by our Lady who resembled Our Lady of Guadalupe. A few days later, I got an email from someone with a picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe and a prayer to her.
       Later on, a family friend gave me a medallion of Our Lady of Guadalupe from her trip to Mexico. This was no longer a coincidence! I knew then that my son would be healed through her intercession. So I began praying to her fervently. But four months later, my son died. I was confused. I felt deceived. Had I been tricked into praying to the wrong person? Eleven months later, I had my answer. I gave birth to the most beautiful baby who replaced my grief with endless joy. She was born on December 12, the feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
       Sometimes, God doesn’t answer our prayers in the way we want. He wouldn’t be God if He were predictable. We just have to be open to Him so that He can move freely in our lives, without being restricted by our preconceived notions of how God moves. Only then will we experience the glorious magnificence of God’s wisdom
and love. Ronna Ledesma (ronna_ledesma@yahoo.com.ph)
 
Reflection: If God only moves in the way you expect, then you have a very small god.
 
However way You answer my prayers, what I’m sure of is Your love.
 
St. Lawrence, deacon and martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive