A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Do you live by what your faith teaches? - Daily Bible Reflections August 9,2014

OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH
 
“Why could we not cast it out?” – Matthew 17:19
 
       I still remember that fateful night when the House of Representatives was deliberating on the RH Bill at the Second Reading in Congress. After the 6 p.m. Mass, I went to the adoration chapel to pray for the rejection of the bill. By 9:30 p.m., a co-warrior went home because another prayer warrior replaced her. I stayed because I felt the urgency to continue praying. By 12 midnight I decided to call it a night when I saw my companion asleep. Back home I saw on TV the close fight between the pro-RH and anti-RH. My hair stood on end as I heard lawmakers declare their Catholic faith boldly and, with the same boldness, defy it with their vote of yes. But I felt proud of those who were faithful. Nine votes made the difference to make a bill to propagate contraception into a law in a predominantly Catholic country.
       Like the Apostles, I asked the Lord, “Why could we not cast it out?” Should I have stayed through the wee hours of the morning in the adoration chapel? I believe the answer is the same one Jesus told the Apostles: “Because of your little faith.”
       Could it be that there was not enough faith among Filipino Catholics? If only more people made a stand for our faith. But then again, all is not lost. As we persevere in prayer, we can trust God to work His wonders. Cristy Galang (cristy_cc@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Do you live by what your faith teaches?
 
Father in heaven, increase my faith in You and in the people whom You have entrusted to be my guide and authority.
 
St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive