A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - July 7, 2012


NEW WINE
 
“They pour new wine into new wineskins…” – Matthew 9:17
 
I grew up in a Catholic family. I studied in a Catholic school from nursery to college. I learned things about God. I knew Him, or so I thought.
When I joined the Light of Jesus Family, my spiritual community, I did not only learn more about God, I also came to know Him personally.
I compare my old way of thinking to old wine and my new way of thinking to new wine.
My old way of thinking states: If I were good, I’d go to heaven. If I were bad, I’d go to hell. When I sin, I have to repent and ask forgiveness first, then God would forgive me. He is distant and is always waiting to catch me do something wrong so He could punish me.
My new way of thinking states: God loves me even before I do anything good. He never stops loving me even when I do wrong. When I sin, God forgives me first and His love moves me to repent and change, just like in the story of the prodigal son.
God is near. He dwells in me. He wants to have a personal relationship with me.  Meann Tee (meanntytee@yahoo.com)
7
REFLECTION:
How well do you know our God? Do you have the right image of God? Get to know Him better.
 
Father, I want to know who You really are. Reveal Yourself to me as I seek You.
 
Blessed Emmanuel Ruiz and Companions, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive