A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - July 14, 2012


SEND ME
 
“Here I am,” I said, “send me!” – Isaiah 6:8
 
High from my mountaintop experience in the Holy Land, I would utter the words, “Send me,” after receiving the Eucharist every morning. I was filled to the brim with God’s love and all I wanted was to serve Him. But I didn’t know how and where.
One Friday morning after the Holy Hour, I noticed two ladies a few rows behind me, whispering to each other. One was a friend while the other, our parish pastoral council (PPC) president, was just a familiar face.
On my way out, my friend introduced me to the PPC president. And then the latter talked to me. They were looking for someone to head the education ministry of the parish and she asked if I was willing to accept it.
I was dumbfounded. Head a ministry? I wasn’t even a member of any organization at the time. But deep within, I felt peace. I knew God was answering my prayer. I knew He was sending me, finally.
I accepted the offer and it led me to other forms of involvement in the parish — and even outside of it.
God sends us to our mission fields when He sees we’re ready for service. Just like when Jesus had to wait for 30 years before His public ministry began.Tess V. Atienza (svp_tvatienza@yahoo.com)
14
REFLECTION:
The Lord waits for a willing spirit. Are you ready?
 
Lord, enkindle in me the fire of Your love. A willing spirit create in me that I may follow You wherever You send me.
 
St. Camillus de Lellis, priest, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive