A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - July 21, 2012


APATHY
 
“I am planning disaster against this people, from which you cannot save yourselves. You will no longer walk proudly, for it will be a time of calamity.” – Micah 2:3
 
My colleague Marla and I were having coffee one afternoon when our branch manager, Tito Jojo, joined us. He shared with us about his involvement in the mission of uplifting the lives of the poor and empowering them. His commitment and passion were evident as he related his role in helping the mission grow and reach out to more poor families.
But what struck me most was when he said, “The teaching of the Catholic faith is the best there is in all of Christendom. But it is also our best-kept secret. Why? Because there are more poor people among us, in spite of our country being a predominantly Christian nation. We don’t do enough for the poor. Sure, poverty is caused by people who have but don’t give to the poor. But more than this, poverty is caused by our apathy.”
The second chapter of Micah clearly expresses God’s anger and the wrath He brings upon those who “do the evil they planned” against the helpless and the weak. This got me thinking. I asked myself: compared to cruelty, greed and injustice, isn’t apathy — my apathy — to the plight of the poor the worst form of oppression there is? Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
What have you done for the poor? What else do you want to do for the poor?
 
Lord, bless all those who have less than I do and stir within me a spirit of sharing. Let gratitude and giving be my banners and let all be Yours. May justice and mercy have places of honor within my being and may my hands work to relieve suffering wherever I find it. Amen. (Vera Salter)
 
St. Lawrence of Brindisi, priest and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive