A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - July 12, 2012


EMULATING MOM

“Without cost you have received; without cost you are to give.” – Matthew 10:8
My mother is the most selfless person I know. She’s a silent worker who always gives of herself simply because there are things that need to be done.
We grew up without a helper, and though she was a working mom, she did the daily house chores singlehandedly no matter how tired she was. When she retired, she never got to enjoy her retirement fund  because she used it for her two orphaned granddaughters’ tuition. She lives on her pension but even that goes to paying the bills.
Mommy often has very little left for herself but she still gives down to her last cent. I learned what selflessness is all about by her example. As a daughter, I think to myself that if I could be half the woman that she is, then I would have lived well.
Because of everything she has given to and done for me, I try as much to do things for her, and I find joy in giving back to her even when I, too, have little left for myself.
For the many blessings that the Lord has showered upon us in this life, Jesus also tells us, “Without cost you have received; without cost you are to give.” Do you pay it forward? Nova Arias (nova.svp@gmail.com)
12
REFLECTION:
Do you expect a reward for a good deed?
Dearest Lord, teach me to be generous… to give and not to count the cost….
St. John Jones, priest and martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive