A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - July 25, 2012


Feast of St. James, Apostle
 
MY SELF-WORTH
 
But we hold this treasure in earthen vessels, that the surpassing power may be of God and not from us. – 2 Corinthians 4:7
 
Promotion at work, high assessment, excellent audience feedback. These were things I loved. But every time I failed or when the evaluation was just satisfactory, it’s as if my value went on sale, 50 percent off. Years later, I realized that my achievements defined my self-worth. I’ve been part of Charismatic communities for the longest time but it turns out I was just superficially declaring that my worth was rooted in God. I prayed for healing.
In 2007, I felt God leading me to resign. But how could I when I faced a bright future as a TV reporter and was already next in line as part of the new batch of anchors?
It took two years before I finally surrendered, but it liberated me from my neediness. I felt my worth even if I could no longer be promoted or get to host my own TV show. I am like an earthen vessel as the Bible verse suggests, a clay jar that can easily break, but I hold inside me the surpassing power that is God’s, not mine. There I found my self-worth.
I served full-time for a Charismatic community. But guess what? God blessed me with hosting jobs for TV shows that landed on my lap. Truly He provides and knows the desires of my heart. Carlo Lorenzo (carloflorenzo@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
The joy is mine. The glory is His. When people praise me, do I embrace the glory or do I recognize God inside me to give back to Him the glory?
 
Lord God, help me discover my neediness and heal me so my heart may consistently recognize my worth rooted in You which is not defined by achievements or what other people think and expect of me.
 
St. James, Apostle, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive