A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - July 31, 2012


I smile
 
“Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears ought to hear.” – Matthew 13:43
 
I was very playful and outgoing as a kid. Being so, I devised a way to pick which kids to befriend when I was in elementary school. I would observe those who talked and laughed a lot and readily conclude that they were the best friends for me because they “shone.”
But as I grew up, I learned that not “all that glitters is gold.” Those who smile at and laugh with me aren’t necessarily the ones who turn out to be my best friends. Presently, I reckon most of my best friends are those whom I met when things were going downhill in my life. They were there to cry with me. The brilliance of their character shone ever brighter during those trying times in life.
At 36, I have gained the wisdom that God sees me shine even during my darkest hours. I’m not worried about people judging me just because I don’t always “shine” when I’m in a crowd. I believe that God sees through my heart, and with that thought, I smile. Eugene Cailao (eugenecailao@gmail.com)
31
REFLECTION:
“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.” (Unknown)
 
Lord, You are the Friend who sticks closer than a brother. Let me be that kind of friend to others, too.
 
St. Ignatius of Loyola, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive