A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

With closest custody, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. (Proverbs 4:23) - Daily Bible Reflections February 11,2015



Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes

BETTER IN,
BETTER OUT!

“Nothing that enters one from outside can defile that person; but the things that come out from within are what defile.” – Mark 7:15

       I was burdened with being the peacemaker between warring close friends. Plus, I was spiritually dry and drowning in despair. I was dejected.
       Tatay (Dad) approached me and spoke in pure English, “Son, what seems to be the problem?” (Tatay is a foreigner — a Samaritan — a native from the province of Samar. He’s a true-blue Waray!) I told him what I was going through and he patiently listened.
       Then he said, “Son, whenever trials come, don’t forget you have a choice: to be bitter or bitter.” Then he tapped my shoulder and left. I thought about what he said. It seemed I had no choice between being bitter or bitter. Then it dawned on me: Tatay, because he’s Waray, mispronounced the words. Yes, I do have a choice! I can choose to be bitter or better!
       In computer lingo, we say GIGO (Garbage In, Garbage Out). It’s applicable to human beings as well. For us, it’s Bitter In, Bitter Out! So let’s be vigilant about the things that enter our hearts. Bitterness is the sewer that breeds the pests of sins. Let’s welcome good things instead: Scripture, inspiration, good memories, hope, etc. They will all cause Better In, Better Out! Obet Cabrillas (kpreacherobet@gmail.com)

Reflection: With closest custody, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. (Proverbs 4:23)

Lord, help me to store good things in my heart.

Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive