A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

Think of a current problem and then look at the bigger picture of life. Ask yourself: Will this problem matter 20 years from now? - Daily Bible Reflections February 1,2015



LET SMALL PROBLEMS
REMAIN SMALL

I should like you to be free of anxieties. – 1 Corinthians 7:32

       Many years ago, when I had zero financial literacy, a friend asked for help. He was working for a credit organization and wanted me to invest there so that he could earn a little commission from my investment. I liked the interest rates he offered so I dumped half of my life savings in his company.
       One morning, I learned that his company collapsed. All my money — half of my net worth — was zapped into oblivion. But I was amazed at my reaction. I said, “Oh well, that’s just money anyway. I’ll earn it back.” I then prayed, “Lord, can you return to me the same amount sevenfold?”
       I could have reacted differently. I could have blown up, focused on the negative, and gone into depression. But I chose not to because there were still so many things to be thankful for! 
       Has someone criticized you unfairly? Is the office air conditioner conking out again? Did your husband forget to fix the faucet? Did the washing machine rip your favorite shirt?
       You could decide to make a big issue out of it, let it destroy your day, and allow it to complicate your life. Or you could choose the simple path. The choice is really yours. Bo Sanchez (bosanchez@kerygmafamily.com)

Reflection: Think of a current problem and then look at the bigger picture of life. Ask yourself: Will this problem matter 20 years from now?

Lord, I entrust to You all my concerns. Grant me the grace to look at them with Your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive