A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Do you take time to pray for the needs of others in the same way that you ask God to help you with your need? - Daily Bible Reflections February 24,2015



WHAT DO YOU NEED?

“Give us today our daily bread.” – Matthew 6:11

       I vividly remember my short encounter with her during our prayer group’s outreach program at a government hospital. She looked extremely shy when I first saw her. She tried to cover her face with the pillow when I smiled at her. She remained silent when I asked for her name. I handed her a sandwich but she just stared at it. I showed her a book. She pointed to the side of her bed as if to say, “Just leave it there.”
       I learned from a nurse that the young girl attempted suicide a few days ago. She refused to talk to anyone since her confinement. Then our leader announced that our outreach program was ending in a few minutes. I looked at the shy patient again. This time, her pillow covered only half of her face. She looked curious. I approached her bedside, closed my eyes, clasped my hands and said a short vocal prayer for her healing. I took one final glance at her. She smiled back. I realized that this young girl needed not a sandwich, a book or a Christmas carol. She needed a prayer.
       God also knows what we need each moment. This is the reason why He teaches us to pray for our “daily bread.” He does not want us to worry about tomorrow. His love assures us that He will provide whatever we need at the moment we need it. Alvin Fabella (alvinfabella@yahoo.com)

Reflection: Do you take time to pray for the needs of others in the same way that you ask God to help you with your need?


Lord, thank You for providing for what I need each day. Amen.

Blessed Luke Belludi, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive