A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Kindness Begets Kindness - Daily Bible Reflections July 19,2013


KINDNESS BEGETS KINDNESS

 
“I desire mercy, not sacrifice.” – Matthew 12:7
 
Mom and I were having lunch that rainy day. While enjoying our grilled chicken meal, she happened to see a young boy outside, looking intently at the diners through the glass window. Mom asked me if it was alright to invite the young boy to join us. I said yes, by all means. She signaled for the boy to enter the restaurant and gestured for him to sit beside her. I asked him what he wanted to eat and he said, “I’ll have whatever you want me to eat. I am grateful to have even your leftover food because I haven’t had anything to eat since this morning.” We wanted him to have his fill, even just for lunch, so we bought him a grilled chicken meal, too. “Thank you,” he said, “I’ll bring half of my meal home to my mom, if that’s OK.” Mom and I were touched by his gratitude and kindness.
       That is what kindness does to us — it humbles us and reminds us to always give thanks to the one who is kind to us. We have the capacity to be kind because we first experienced the loving kindness of God. And by His grace, kindness begets kindness, forming an unending circle of love. Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted. (Aesop)
 
Heavenly Father, You have shown us nothing but Your loving kindness. Teach us to share this love with others.
 
Servant of God Francis Garces and Companions, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive