A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Is your burden too heavy to bear? Lay it at the feet of our Lord - Daily Bible Reflections July 18,2013


BIG TOE

 
“For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” – Matthew 11:30
 
One of my favorite Christian short stories is “The Parable of the Big Toe” written by Bro. Willy Nakar. It’s about Big Toe (right foot) who was always complaining and envious of the other parts of the body. He complained that he was always covered with socks, sweaty and constantly on the go.
       “They have all the fun while we down here have to bear the full burden of Kuya Body’s weight,” he grumbled. “I just wish I could be on the face one time, somewhere in the center... like the nose,” he added.
       God granted Big Toe’s wish, and instantly, he found himself in the middle of the face. Aside from being a hideous replacement of the nose, his new location compromised the body’s stability. Just as the body was about to take a step, it lost its balance and fell flat on its face. Big Toe, of course, took the brunt of the fall.     
         Aside from being a satire emphasizing the importance of unity in the Body of Christ, this parable reminds me that where I am is where I can serve the Lord best. It’s tempting sometimes to compare myself with others and think that the grass is greener on their side. But in truth, I cannot bloom where I am not planted. The cross that Jesus gives me to carry will always fit me perfectly. Rissa Singson-Kawpeng (justbreatherissa@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Is your burden too heavy to bear? Lay it at the feet of our Lord.
 
Lord, thank You for the grace You give me at this time of my life. Amen.
 
Blessed Angeline of Marsciano, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive