A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - July 2,2013


WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO IMPRESS?

 
The men were amazed and said, “What sort of man is this, whom even the winds and the sea obey?” – Matthew 8:27
 
One day, my brother Jen and I were riding an FX van together. We were on our way home from our grandmother’s house. When it was time to alight from the van, Jen opened the door, hopped off and started walking without even waiting for me to get out. Shocked by his display of “ungentlemanliness,” I ran after him and said, “Hey! Why didn’t you wait for me to get? I’m a girl, you know! That’s so ungentlemanly of you.”
       His reply surprised me. “What? I am a gentleman!” he insisted. “I wait for my girlfriend to get off but not you. You’re different. You’re my sister!”
       Funny how we often try to impress other people more than the ones who truly matter to us. We spend so much effort trying to sweep others off their feet, giving them the best of us, while we ignore our loved ones whom we live with and spend most of our time with.
       We do the same to God, too. We can give much of our time and effort to people and projects while forgetting the One who truly loves us.
       Jesus died for you. Don’t you think He deserves your best? Erika Pauline Mendoza (epaulmendoza@gmail.com)
 
REFLECTION: Live to impress your audience of One.
 
Lord, help me to keep You No. 1 in my life.
 
St. Oliver Plunkett, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive