A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - July 4, 2013


ABRAHAM AND THE ANT

 
“Because you acted as you did in not withholding from me your beloved son, I will bless you abundantly.” – Genesis 22:16-17
 
I received an email with a cartoon of an ant toting a contact lens. The caption said, “Lord, I don’t know why You want me to carry this thing. I can’t eat it, and it’s awfully heavy. But if this is what You want me to do; I’ll carry it for You.” The story behind it was the cartoonist’s daughter lost her contact lens during a mountain climb. Another climber found it when he saw an ant walking on the face of a rock carrying the contact lens on its back.
       Abraham must have felt as the ant did about God’s command to sacrifice Isaac. It was incomprehensible and the hardest thing for a parent to do, but he obeyed anyway.     Are you carrying a heavy burden? A life-threatening illness, a problematic relationship or a debt you can’t pay no matter how much you scrimp? Are you at your wit’s end trying to understand why this is happening when you’re doing your best to be a good person?
       Be like Abraham and the ant. Bear the burden with faith. God has a purpose and a great reward in the end. Lella M. Santiago (mirellasantiago@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: When trials come, do you ask, “Why me, Lord?” or do you ask, “What do you want me to do, Lord?”
 
Lord, may I see Your purpose in everything You ask of me, but if I can’t, help me to trust You anyway.
 
St. Elizabeth of Portugal, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive