A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - September 8, 2012


Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
 
THE DIVINE PURPOSE
 
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose. – Romans 8:28
 
Twenty-two years ago, I graduated from my pre-med course. I was determined to continue to medical school as it was my childhood dream to become a doctor. But as I passed my entrance exam to med school, my father had a stroke and had to stop working. I knew my parents would have difficulty sending me to med school. Worse, I might not be able to enter med school at all. My mom would see me crying as the school year for med school was fast approaching. She encouraged me to pray hard and have hope in this powerful, explosive verse of Romans 8:28.
I was blessed to have a mother who fully supported all of my dreams. God gave her the opportunity to work abroad as a teacher. Ten years of being separated from her was part of the trials God allowed us to experience in pursuit of my dream. But the final product was truly good. I became a full-fledged obstetrician-gynecologist.
Today I praise God that we have this precious promise to cling to in the midst of trials. I thank Him that He partners with us to do wonders in our lives and to bring about good in all things. Sheila Jane L. Illescas (sheilajanemdfpogs@yahoo.com.ph)
 
REFLECTION:
When difficulties come our way, how often do we look heavenward and exclaim, “Lord, why me?”
 
Lord, please give us the strength of faith to trust that “You Are” in these circumstances, that Your righteousness prevails. Lord, let us see Your truth in what lies beyond these troubles.
 
St. Adrian, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive