A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - September 26, 2012


GREAT EXPECTATIONS
 
God keeps every promise he makes. He is like a shield for all who seek his protection. – Proverbs 30:5
 
During elementary, I was sitting on the school steps with two of my friends after dismissal. I asked Sarah, “Who’s coming to pick you up?” She replied, “Well, my dad promised he would, but he never does. So it will probably be my mom.”
Sure enough, it was Sarah’s mother who stepped down from the van that came up the driveway. “See, I told you so,” Sarah said. With that, she smiled and waved goodbye.
I turned to my other friend, Matt, and asked him what he was going to do after school. “Well, normally my dad picks me up to play basketball before dinner since he promised he’d help me practice my free-throws.”
Soon after, Matt’s dad arrived to pick him up. Matt eagerly picked up a basketball from the passenger seat before sliding in.
Now here you see that both had certain expectations from their parents and, similarly, neither were disappointed. But the true measurement of a parent’s success will always be how dependable they are to meet higher expectations more than lowered ones.
When it comes to your children, always aim for the stars. Eleanore Lee (elyo.lee@gmail.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Are you a person of your word? Do you try to keep every promise that you make?
 
Lord, give me the strength to promise only what I can deliver but to do so with unwavering commitment and wholeheartedness.
 
Sts. Cosmas and Damian, martyrs, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive