A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - September 23, 2012


FROM BULLY TO BUDDY
 
The peace sown by peacemakers brings a harvest of justice. – James 3:18
 
I looked up from the swimming pool to see my son, Lance, looking dazed. Then he started to gag and cry. That’s when I learned that his older cousin pushed his head underwater deliberately and made him take in water. I shouted in anger as I rushed
Lance out of the pool.
I’ve always been afraid that Lance would be bullied because of his tiny frame. I don’t want him to be traumatized so I teach him to fight back. The mother in me is all too human and my first instinct is to protect my son and hurt others who hurt him.
But how can I share Jesus’ teaching on meekness and humility if I insist on retaliation? Violence begets more violence.
The best solution is simple yet goes against all our instincts: to show mercy and offer forgiveness, even for the undeserving bully. That’s what I finally taught Lance.
At dinnertime, my nephew approached me and apologized. When my son heard it, he cheerfully answered, “I forgive you!” and they went on to play other games together.
If only we could all do the same as these children. Cecil Lim (cez_lim@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Moses was meek, and so was Jesus. Maybe our idea  of meekness as a weakness is wrong after all.
 
Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. (St. Francis of Assisi)
 
St. Padre Pio da Pietrelcina, pray for us.
23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive