A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - September 21, 2012


Feast of St. Matthew, Apostle and Evangelist
 
SANDPAPER MINISTRY
 
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. – Ephesians 4:2
 
I’ve handled several action groups for women in our community. I knew it wouldn’t be easy, but I didn’t expect that it would test my character and faith.
In one group, I had a member who took the initiative to cancel our meeting because of a conflict in her schedule. She called all her co-members about the cancellation but forgot to advise me. I was at the venue waiting for over an hour, worried why no one had arrived.
In another group, a member arrived for our meeting just as we were about to end. And to think that we had our meeting in her house. To make matters worse, she was tipsy after a night of drinking.
These kinds of situations are what I consider “sandpaper moments.” By God’sgrace, what is obviously an irritant could become an opportunity to forgive and exercise self-control. With our differences in opinion and personality as well as our imperfections, we rub each other and help smooth the rough edges. I’m thankful for all those who “sandpapered” me — they helped me have a deeper faith in the Lord, taught me lessons in humility and encouraged me to continue striving to be a better sister, servant and friend.  Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Do you rub others the right or the wrong way? Be God’s sandpaper to others today.
 
O Father, help us always to praise rather than to criticize, to sympathize rather than to discourage, to build rather than to destroy, and to think of people at their best rather than at their worst. This we ask for thy name’s sake. Amen. (William Barclay).
 
St. Matthew, Apostle and evangelist, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive