A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - September 13, 2012


Have a Golden Heart
 
Do to others as you would have them do to you. – Luke 6:31
 
The Gospel above includes in verse 27, the command, “Love your enemies.” This is one of the toughest commands to fulfill. A friend of mine joked, “You know, Obet, I’ve plenty of enemies. Drinking, smoking, gambling and womanizing are my enemies. And yet here comes the Bible telling me to love my enemies. Oh gosh, now I love my enemies. I drink, I smoke, I gamble and I womanize.”
Of course that’s a flawed way of looking at the Gospel.
It’s obvious that my friend loved these vices and they’re his companions till the grave (unless he wises up and is converted). I believe that central to the message of the Gospel is the Golden Rule: “Do to others as you would have them do to you” (Luke 6:31).
When you want others to love and respect you, then you must love and respect others. The enemies mentioned above are real enemies and they destroy relationships.
We must therefore make it a goal to have a Golden Heart, which can only come from living out consistently the Golden Rule: “Do to others as you would have them do to you.” Obet Cabrillas (kpreacherobet@gmail.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Is my heart tarnished with falsehood or golden with kindness?
 
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. (Psalm 51:10)
 
St. John Chrysostom, bishop, and doctor of the Church, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive