A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - July 3, 2012


Feast of St. Thomas, Apostle
 
EXACTLY
 
Jesus said to him, “Have you come to believe because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed.” – John 20: 29
 
It was October and almost time to pay the school fees again. We had about half of the needed amount already in the bank and were waiting for my 13th month pay in November to cover the rest. However, Gina insisted that we pray and ask for the balance. We had a small business going but the income varied and I really did not expect it to be substantial. I had doubts.
But Gina insisted that we pray. And so we did.
Near the end of October, Gina excitedly related that my income covered 37 percent of the fees. It was the best earnings I’ve had so far and I was already thankful. “I could easily cover the other 12 percent,” I said to myself. But I noticed that Gina was not finished. She hastened to add that her income was exactly what we needed to complete the amount — give or take a few pesos.
I got what I needed: the exact amount for the tuition, and a humbling lesson convicting me of how little faith I had and how much I needed to trust in God’s providence. Jun Asis (mabuting.balita@gmail.com)
3
REFLECTION:
Where do you place your faith? In God or in your own abilities?
 
Lord, help me in my unbelief.
 
St. Thomas, Apostle, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive