A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - July 15, 2012


PROPHET FROM HOME
 
“I was a shepherd, and I also took care of sycamore-fig-trees. But the Lord took me from tending the flock and said to me, ‘Go, prophesy to my people Israel.’” – Amos 7:14, 15
 
A couple of years ago, my boss generously offered me a work-from-home scheme. I only go to the office twice a week for meetings. It works for me, especially during this season in my life when I have two toddlers. I get to spend time with them and be hands-on with their needs while working at the same time.
But it also has its challenges. Often, I have to battle for my keyboard with a toddler who insists to climb on me and rewrite my article. Although I’d rather have silence to compose my thoughts, I’ve trained myself to block out all sounds of Barney, Mickey Mouse and Sesame Street as my kids watch them in our office at home. My working hours are intermittent at best, but I manage to draw godly inspiration for my articles in between diaper changes, tantrums and squabbles.
Yes, I’m a mommy in every sense of the word — baptized and anointed with drool, pee and poop into this holy vocation. Yet I’m also called to be a prophet, a scribe through whom the Lord speaks His Word to His people today. God help me in my calling.Rissa Singson-Kawpeng (justbreatherissa@gmail.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Bloom where you’re planted and you’ll most likely fulfill God’s will for you.
 
Lord, grant me the graces and gifts I need to serve You where You have called me.
 
St. Bonaventure, bishop and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive