A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - July 26, 2012


Memorial of Sts. Joachim and Anne, parents of the Virgin Mary
26
what’s your legacy?
 
But we will praise these godly men, whose righteous deeds have never been forgotten. Their reputations will be passed on to their descendants, and this will be their inheritance. – Sirach 44:10-11
 
A few years ago, I chanced upon a conversation with a local businessman who had become a well-known success in the country. He had recently been engaged in a bidding war with his competitors for a huge project. The manager in charge of awarding the project had approached him to ask for a small bribe. In exchange, the manager would turn the deal to his favor. However, this businessman declined the proposal and his competitor won the contract.
When I asked him why he had refused to pay off the manager given that the fee was a small sum compared to the value of the project, he answered me with a smile. “I am trying to build my business as honestly as I can. True, it will take me twice as long and 10 times the effort to become as rich as my competitor, but I’m in no hurry and I want to be remembered as a man who earned success by working hard, not by taking unethical shortcuts. There is something more than wealth that I want to pass down  to my children and that is a legacy of an honorable name, integrity and good values.” Eleanore Lee (elyo.lee@gmail.com)
 
REFLECTION:
What kind of person would you want others to remember you by?
                                                                                                                                                                                            
Lord, may I do justice as Your child, born of a Father who continues to  encourage love, selflessness and righteousness in this world.
 
Sts. Joachim and Anne, parents of the Blessed Virgin Mary, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive