A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - July 13, 2012


Wild World
 
“I am sending you like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as snakes and as gentle as doves.” – Matthew 10:16
 
If you know this song, then I’ll know your age: If you wanna leave take good care / Hope you’ve got a lot of nice friends out there / And have a lot of great things everywhere, yeah / Ooh baby, baby it’s a wild world / You only get by just put a smile, Girl / Yeah-hey, Ooh baby, baby it’s a wild world / I always remember you like a child girl.
Daddies can relate to this song, “Wild World.” (Imagine a dad of a college girl going to a dorm away from home. I’m not ready for this to happen to Reese, my daughter. She’s just three years old!)
This parental agape love is what Jesus felt when He sent the disciples into the wild world with a word of caution:
“You’re like sheep among wolves.” He was honest about the dangers of persecution and frustrations.
“Be shrewd as snakes.” We must know when to escape and when to strike back.
“Be gentle as lambs.” Because only the strong and mature can afford to be gentle.
But what gives me courage the most is not listed above.
Jesus said, “I AM sending you!”
The One sending me is enough to give me courage! Obet Cabrillas (kpreacherobet@gmail.com)
13
REFLECTION:
Gentle lamb, are you afraid of the wolves all around? Do not fear, your strong Shepherd is ever here!
 
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of tears, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)
 
St. Henry II, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive