A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

September 10, 2011
GOOD FRUIT

“For every tree is known by its own fruit.” – Luke 6:44

My grandfather was a great man. He wrote 2,000 laws for the Philippines and was famous for knowing and upholding the constitution. He was a passionate statesman who sought the good of the country.
When I was young, my grandmother would always want us to include our middle name whenever we wrote our names or introduced ourselves. But I felt I was namedropping. I simply wasn’t comfortable with telling people “who I was.”
Over the past few years, I’ve been called to serve the Lord on a larger scale. During one talk I gave, I was introduced by my full name. After I finished, someone came up to me and asked if I was the grandson of the late Senator Arturo Tolentino. I said yes. She said, “No wonder you speak well. You took after your grandfather.”
Nowadays, I always include my middle name. Because if I do anything good, I want to honor my grandfather by letting people know whom I take after. I want people to know that he bore good fruit.
It also applies to the fact that as a Christian, I carry the name of Christ wherever I go. If I do right, He is glorified.
And so I strive to bring justice to His name. George Tolentino Gabriel (george.svp@gmail.com)

REFLECTION:
What kind of fruit are you?

Lord, may You be glorified in my every thought, word and deed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive