A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

September 6, 2011
REGRET ... NOT

Jesus went up a hill to pray and spent the whole night there praying to God. – Luke 6:12

Art is my first love. Before I learned how to read or write, I already knew how to draw. I even had my own comic book characters when I was a kid. But I didn’t pursue a career in the arts. As a teenager, I was led to believe that there was no money in it. Though I was satisfied taking up engineering, I still regret not becoming a graphic artist or an animator.
Why do regrets come only in the end? Why do we feel sorry about the things that happened or didn’t happen in the past? Maybe it’s because we didn’t ask for God’s guidance before we made a decision. Because if we did, then we would have the confidence that whatever has happened was His will and was part of His bigger plan.
In today’s Gospel, Jesus had to spend overnight praying on top of a hill before making a big decision of naming His 12 Apostles. And guess what, one of those He chose would become a traitor. But did Jesus regret it? I don’t think so. For He knew that it was part of the Father’s plan. Edgardo Tulabut (ylnoseye@gmail.com)

REFLECTION:
When was the last time you consulted God for a big decision?

Guide me, Lord, when I make choices in life so I will live according to Your plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive