A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

September 3, 2011 AN OTHER STEP Provided that you persevere in the faith. – Colossians 1:23 The Church calls it “final perseverance,” which is defined by the Catholic Encyclopedia as “the preservation of the state of grace till the end of life.” The saints prayed for it and I copy them, praying for it from time to time, “Lord, grant me final perseverance.” The Lord gives grace. Time and again, from the simplest rising from bed to attend morning Mass when I would rather go to sleep, to the will to minister when I would rather stay in a corner and entertain the blues, the Lord has given grace. And when I hear someone say that I seem to be always happy, then I know it really must be grace. For I might joke when I introduce myself, “Ligaya ang itawag mo sa akin” (Call me happiness), but that’s not always how I feel or think. But perhaps that is the grace of final perseverance. That when it seems like you can’t take another step, you do. And then you take another. And so on until you come before the One whom you want to see face-to-face. And so I will continue to pray for final perseverance, knowing with faith that He will never keep it from me. Join me?Joy Sosoban (jsosoban@gmail.com) 3 REFLECTION: Oh, Divine Hand that never lets go of me, let me never let go of You! Dearest Lord, I am Yours and You are mine. Let me never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive