A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2015

How do you act out your faith? - Daily Bible Reflections September 13,2015

GENEROSITY IN A
BOTTLE
 
I will demonstrate my faith to You from my works. – James 2:18
      
       I couldn’t help it. Every time I saw images of the devastation caused by typhoon Yolanda in 2013, whether it was on the news or on the Internet, tears would run down my cheeks. I felt for those who have lost their loved ones, their homes and even their sense of hope.
       As my little way of helping the typhoon victims, I thought of asking friends and co-servants from the Light of Jesus Family to pledge donations for bottled water. It was a simple invitation to help.
       In less than 12 hours since I hit “send message,” I received pledges amounting to P11,000 worth of bottled water. I had to worry about how to transport 55 boxes to the donation center, but it was a good problem to solve.
       What struck me most was the incredible generosity people have. In a snap, they were ready to offer help.
       Faith is not only in how we pray but in how we act as we pray. Let us allow God to use our hands and our feet as He reaches out to His children in need. Osy Erica (osy.erica@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: How do you act out your faith?
 
Father, use my hands as an extension of Your love, my feet to bring You to those in need. Use me immensely to bless others, and when I become stagnant, remind me to act out my faith. Amen.
 
St. John Chrysostom, bishop and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive