A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Are you aware of your true purpose in life? What do you need to do to stay on track? - Daily Bible Reflections September 30,2015


THE WRONG RACE
 
And to another he said, “Follow me.” – Luke 9:59
 
       My lungs were burning. If my feet could talk, they’d be screaming and howling for me to stop. I was one push away from keeling over. I was already so exhausted, but I kept on running. I had to finish the race. But something was wrong.
       I was among the hundreds of runners that were scattered all over Bonifacio Global City for a marathon. I took the 10-kilometer challenge because I knew my body’s capabilities and limitations. But I wasn’t expecting to be this tired. When I looked up to pray for strength and endurance, that’s when I saw it. A huge banner that said, “21K Runners U-turn Here.”
       Oh, my gosh! I had been running the wrong race! I must have ran along with the 21K racers after I bent down to tie my shoes. By God’s grace, I was still able to finish the marathon. But I literally collapsed on the pavement.
       How many times in the past have we strayed out of our routes? How many times have we just gone along with the flow? When we don’t follow our true purpose, we may or may not finish the race, but it would still feel wrong. Let’s put our eyes on God so that we won’t ever stray from our paths. Karren Renz Seña (karren.s@shepherdsvoice.com.ph)
 
Reflection: Are you aware of your true purpose in life? What do you need to do to stay on track?
 
Lord, I often don’t look at where I’m going. Teach me to just look at You, so that I won’t stray from my true purpose.
 
St. Jerome, priest and doctor of the Church, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive