A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

“The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.” (Exodus 15:2) - Daily Bible Reflections July 20,2015

BE STILL
 
“The Lord will fight for you; you have only to keep still.” – Exodus 14:14
 
       There was a time when mercenary soldiers wanted to pillage St. Claire’s monastery before attacking Assisi. Though seriously ill, St. Clare requested her sisters to bring the Blessed Sacrament down to the door, where she prostrated herself, begging the Lord to defend her community. The sisters heard the voice of a little child replying, “I will always take care of you.” Suddenly, the soldiers who were climbing over the enclosure’s walls retreated without harming the sisters, the monastery or the city.
       Like St. Claire, you might be facing a battle today — maybe it’s a serious illness like the Big C or a financial difficulty that threatens to foreclose your house or business.
       The Lord says, “Do not be afraid. I will take care of you.” No matter what battle we are facing, we only need to spend time with Him in prayer and be silent. He will fight for us. “In quietness and trust is your strength” (Isaiah 30:15). Allow  God to move in your circumstances. He is working behind the scenes. God is greater than the battle you are facing. In fact, if you surrender it to Him, the battle is the Lord’s! Trust that He will lead you to victory. Marjorie Ann Duterte (marjorie.travels@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: “The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.” (Exodus 15:2)
 
Lord, be with me as I rest in Your presence. I will be still and know that You are God. Amen.
 
St. Apollinaris, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive