A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Do you have eternal life insurance? - Daily Bible Reflections July 4,2015

HEAVENLY DEPOSIT
 
“I am so old that I may now die at any time.” – Genesis 27:2
 
       Outside one of the chapels during a wake, I saw paper machés of a house, car and yacht.
       “What’s that for?” I asked my Chinese husband. He explained that the Chinese believe that by burning these, they were sending them ahead for the deceased. That way, they’d have a huge house, cars and boats to use in the next life.
       I just laughed. “You can’t take anything out of this world with you when you die,” I said. My husband grinned, “If he’s Chinese, he’ll find a way.”
       My husband was right. There is a way to send our earthly wealth in advance to heaven. But not in the way that he was talking about.
       When we’re generous to others, when we give our tithes to the Lord, when we support ministries, we are using our money to build God’s Kingdom on earth.
       Friends, let’s use our earthly wealth in such a way that when we reach our heavenly home, a huge mansion awaits us. Rissa Singson Kawpeng (justbreatherissa@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Do you have eternal life insurance?
 
Jesus, may I use the riches You’ve entrusted to me to help build Your Kingdom on this earth. Amen.
 
St. Elizabeth of Portugal, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive