A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

What makes it difficult for you to give back to God? It could just be a matter of changing your mindset - Daily Bible Reflections May 26,2015

GOD’S WALLET,
NOT MINE
 
Pay your tithes in a spirit of joy. – Sirach 35:8
 
       I know people who were born with generous hearts. They give without a thought even when it hurts. It must be a genetic condition because not everybody can give joyfully during lean times. I must admit  I’d need a heart transplant to be like them.
       Oh, it’s easy enough when my budget is not dripping with negative balances. I’m all smiles while dropping my tithes into the collection basket when I’ve had a windfall. But when there’s still a lot of the month at the end of my money, my heart palpitates as I pull out what little I have left.
       For a long time, I was that way until I learned how to budget the Christian way — by putting tithes at the top of the list. Then  I developed a system where I put my tithes in a special part of my wallet. I think of that as God’s wallet. Whatever I put in there is no longer mine. If I do touch it for an emergency, I pay back the full amount.
       When the weekend rolls in and I prepare my love offering, my system makes it so much easier to give my tithes with a     
joyful spirit. No need for heart surgery. Lella M. Santiago (lellams88@gmail.com)         
 
Reflection: What makes it difficult for you to give back to God? It could just be a matter of changing your mindset.
 
Lord, everything I have is Yours. Teach me to be generous.
 
St. Philip Neri, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive