A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

What has God told you recently that gave you joy? - Daily Bible Reflections May 7, 2015

MAKE A DIFFERENCE
IN THE ORDINARY
 
“I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete.” – John 15:11
 
       “I’m just an ordinary mom who has breastfed her sons, Lord. Why me?” I asked.
       “I like using the ordinary and that includes ordinary people like you. You don’t need to be big in this field to make a difference. You simply need to tell your story.”
       God said those words to me when I asked Him why He was asking me to write a book on breastfeeding. I didn’t feel qualified then to author a book on the topic. I felt that He should ask a doctor, a nurse or a licensed lactation consultant instead.
       But God reminded me that He used many ordinary people throughout the course of history. He used shepherds, fishermen, prostitutes, tax collectors, ordinary mothers and fathers. Not all of them were credible, competent or worthy based on the world’s standards. Yet, God chose to use them and send them out on a mission. God chose to qualify and enable them.
    By the grace and wisdom that God has blessed me with, Breastfeeding: A Journey Worth Taking, the book God called me to write, has already been published. I thank the Lord for turning my apprehension and fears into joy. Truly, in Him alone can our joy be complete. Tere Dumadag (teregmps@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: What has God told you recently that gave you joy?
 
Jesus, may Your message resonate within me and complete my joy.
 
St. Rose Venerini, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive