A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Have you ever tried to run away from God’s love? Did you succeed? - Daily Bible Reflections May 6,2015

ALWAYS WITH ME
 
“Remain in me, as I also remain in you.” – John 15:4
 
       My father passed away in October 2012. A year and a half later, I would still cry whenever I share about him during a talk or a recollection. I’d be surprised to find that I still hadn’t gotten over his death. Then I heard someone on a TV show say, “When someone you love passes away, they stay with you forever. You don’t get over it, you just get through it.”
       The significant things that happen to us in life affect us forever. The high or low of the moment will pass, but after we experience them, we have been changed for good. Although Dad is gone, he will always be with me. Everything I’ve learned from him, all the love he showed me, all the time we spent together — they will always be a part of my life.
       It’s the same with Jesus. I once tried to run away from Him, but it didn’t work. I found myself all the more embraced by His mercy as I broke down in tears on my bathroom floor, feeling His forgiveness and grace.
       Once we allow God to enter our lives, His love makes its home in our hearts. Even if we turn our back on Him and try to forget Him, we can never get rid of His stubborn love. It will remain with us forever. George Tolentino Gabriel (george.g@svrtv.com)
 
Reflection: Have you ever tried to run away from God’s love? Did you succeed?
 
Jesus, thank You for never giving up on me.
 
Sts. Marian and James, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive