A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

What is number one on your to-do list today? Is God in it? - Daily Bible Reflections May 19,2015


TO-DO LIST
“Yet I consider life of no importance to me, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to bear witness to the gospel of God.”– Acts 20:24
As I write this reflection, I’m also thinking about the long list of things I need to accomplish for work and my family. I tick off items on my to-do list but more tasks get added by the minute. I admit I get tired and sometimes feel bad about not having as much time to do things for myself. But I continue to work, keeping my eyes on the finish line, knowing I must persevere for the sake of the students I teach and the family I love.
       Paul did the same. He had a job to do, and he persevered until the end. He gave his life for the sake of the Gospel in spite of the inconveniences and dangers, preaching far and wide so that others may come to know Jesus. It was the first and only item on his to-do list after his life-changing encounter with God.
       If we can find it in ourselves to work extra hard to build successful careers and lucrative businesses, I’d bet that, like Paul, we too could put in extra time, effort and creativity into being witnesses for the Gospel every day — in our country, community, work places and homes. Wouldn’t it be great to be able to say that we have run the good race and fought the good fight? Geraldine G. Catral (catral@beaconschool.ph)
Reflection: What is number one on your to-do list today? Is God in it?
Father, Son and Holy Spirit, grant me the boldness and perseverance to proclaim Your Gospel today and every day of my life. Amen.
St. Theophilus of Corte, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive