A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Are you getting yourself disqualified from heaven because you’re too puffed up with pride? - Daily Bible Reflections May 5,2015

BE HUMILIFIED
 
It is necessary for us to undergo many hardships to enter the kingdom of God. – Acts 14:22
 
       Humilify. I needed a word that describes how God corrects us when we forget He’s the one in charge, the boss, the one who makes things happen. I didn’t even think there was such a word. My computer’s spell checker underlined it in red.
     But I wanted to use this word instead of “humiliate” because in humiliation there’s shame involved. I wanted a more loving word because even when God corrects, He still loves.
       I was surprised that when I Googled it, there it was. One definition given was “gently putting someone in their place.”
       Don’t you sometimes feel that God is humilifying you? A project or event you prepared for wasn’t the hit you thought it would be. You get bypassed for a promotion or removed from a prestigious position. You get tossed by your One True Love for someone prettier or hunkier or younger. And these things happen just when you thought you were the best, the most powerful, the most wonderful creature in the universe.
       Being humilified is a hardship we need to undergo because it purifies us and qualifies us to enter God’s Kingdom. Lella M. Santiago (lellams88@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Are you getting yourself disqualified from heaven because you’re too puffed up with pride?
 
Lord, help me to see that the hardships that humilify me are just Your ways to keep me grounded on You.
 
St. Asaph, bishop, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive