A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

Have you ever been betrayed? It’s tempting to lose faith in people - Daily Bible Reflections January 24,2014


Memorial of St. Francis de Sales, Bishop and Doctor of the Church
 
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN
BETRAYED?
 
... and Judas Iscariot who betrayed him. – Mark 3:19
 
I was once sexually assaulted by a friend while I was asleep. Betrayal. I later learned the full extent: he had abused me in my sleep multiple times over a span of several years. Deeper betrayal. To add insult to injury, my family had been hospitable to this person many times, and still he committed his crimes under our roof. I soon ran to a godly leader for help, but that leader belittled my plight. And so I was left feeling even more betrayed and alone.
       Years later, it hurts to recall how the people I had trusted with my life flushed that trust down the toilet. But what has helped me get by?
       A priest who listened. A wife who let me cry. Friends who didn’t judge my anger. My children who, by simply existing, remind me that humans are originally innocent, made in the image of God.
       Betrayal tempted me to lose faith in people, even godly ones. But God also used people to restore my faith. Betrayal tempted me to hate people. But God also used people to show me His love. Kiddo Cosio (twitter.com/kiddocosio)
 
Reflection: Have you ever been betrayed? It’s tempting to lose faith in people. Don’t. Trust that God can use the right people to help heal you.
 
Lord, help me forgive those who have hurt me. And help me heal.
 
St. Francis de Sales, bishop and doctor of the Church, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive