A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Do you still doubt God’s power and love after all He’s done in the past? - Daily Bible Reflections January 22,2014

 
RELYING ON GOD
 
“The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.” – 1 Samuel 17:37
 
I placed my then two-year-old daughter on top of a counter in the bathroom so I could change her diaper. When we were done, she stood up and suddenly leaped from the counter into my arms without any warning! She thought it was fun but my heart stopped. I asked her to please never do that again. What if I hadn’t caught her?
       So, did she ever try it again? Of course. She got a thrill out of it each time. Funny thing is, although I kept telling her it was dangerous, she never did get hurt. Why? Because she would only try it when I was near enough to catch her. She didn’t really
believe in her own ability to jump and land safely. She believed in her mother who would do anything to keep her from harm. She trusted me completely. She had faith.
       In our First Reading today, David did not rely on his own strength, but in the power of his faithful God. He had experienced God’s deliverance before, and he was sure God would do it again. Whenever we are faced with our own Goliaths in life, let us remember who our God is. We can trust in Him as we take our leaps of faith. Victory will surely be ours. Geraldine G. Catral (catral@beaconschool.ph)
 
Reflection: Do you still doubt God’s power and love after all He’s done in the past?
 
Lord, help me to recall the many times You’ve won the battles in my life. I trust in You completely for the help I need now.
 
St. Vincent, deacon and martyr, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive