A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - May 21, 2013


THANK YOU FOR THE WINGS!

 
My son, when you come to serve the Lord, prepare yourself for trials… trust him and your reward will not be lost. – Sirach 2:1, 8
 
During my Good Friday to Easter Sunday pilgrimage in 2011, God sent me an important message. It was contained in a timely devotional by L.B Cowman, Streams in the Desert, given by a dear high school classmate, Atty. Catherine Triunfante-Manahan. I was then being tested in fire (Sirach 2:5) — undergoing a challenge in my work as ambassador for God and country.
       The timely lift to my sagging spirit came in the form of a myth about bird’s wings.
       Once upon a time, birds only had shining feathers and angelic voices but could not fly. One day, God decided to give them wings, but they found these too heavy and complained about them. Then, the miracle happened! The birds realized that their hated obstacle allowed them to fly near the heavens.
       If you are going through trials as a servant of the Lord, welcome your “wings.” Trust in Him for His reward is not lost. My “wings,” which at first caused me great distress, later allowed me to fly like an eagle soaring higher in the service of God and country. Grace Princesa (grprincesa@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection:Are you bothered by your trials as a pilgrim Chriswtian?
 
Lord, help me welcome the “wings” in my life, secure that they are meant to bring me closer to You.
 
Blessed Eugene de Mazenod, bishop, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive