A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - May 19,2013


Pentecost Sunday
 

PRAYER BURDEN

 
The Spirit’s presence is shown in some way in each person for the good of all. – 1 Corinthians 12:7
 
I am blessed to be part of a group of intercessors. I learn to love and serve others by bringing their intentions before God in prayer through our gatherings. I also learn to “die to myself,” putting others’ needs before my own when I pray.
       One time, I suddenly woke up at 3:00 a.m. and felt very anxious about work. As far as I knew, I was on track. So I asked the Lord, “Is there someone You want me to pray for?” I sensed that my being awake was a “prayer burden” and that I needed to pray for someone. Five minutes later, I received a text message from a friend working as a caregiver in the U.S. She was on the verge of being suspended due to an injury a patient allegedly sustained under her care. I prayed for my friend and surrendered her concern to God. Later in the day, my friend texted me that the patient had no injury and all was well with her.
       I am constantly amazed at the way the Holy Spirit moves within me to guide and lead me about what, when and how I should pray. Come to think of it, all I need to do is follow Him. Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: This Pentecost Sunday, thank the Father for sending us His precious gift of the Spirit.
 
Holy Spirit, make me sensitive to Your proddings, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
 
St. Theophilus of Corte, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive