A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - May 16,2013


STAND UP FOR JESUS

 
The following night the Lord stood by him and said, “Take courage. For just as you have borne witness to my cause in Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness in Rome.” – Acts 23:11
 
I was with an aggressive group who had been together for quite some time. They were closely-knit and had been through some tough times as a team. To say that they were united was an understatement. They were so familiar with each other that they even finished each other’s jokes. They seemed to think as one.
       The discussion soon turned to sexual innuendos and teasing, flirting and dares that encouraged infidelity and unwholesomeness. They were enjoying themselves.
       I prayed in my mind and prepared to correct them, one against all. With a pounding heart and the fear that they would be indifferent, I explained that I didn’t subscribe to loose talk and that what was going on was wrong.
       To my surprise, they took my advice and cleaned up, so to speak. I don’t know if they were sincere or just politely acceded. But God gave me the strength to stand my ground and speak up for what was right.
There will be times when we will be in tough situations, standing alone. Yet we never are. The Lord will always give us the grace to stand up for Him.
              All we need is to ask for His grace and respond accordingly. Jun Asis (mabuting.balita@gmail.com)     
 
Reflection: Think of daily situations where you have the chance to speak up for what is good, right and true. Do you?
 
Lord, grant me the strength to always stand up for You.
 
St. Margaret of Cortona, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive