A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - August 29, 2012


Memorial of the Beheading of St. John the Baptist, martyr
 
someone believes in you
 
“They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you.” – Jeremiah 1:19
 
There is much to be said for contests of any kind – be it sports, spelling or just a simple declamation contest.
During my high school years, my class adviser would often volunteer, cajole, and convince me to join declamation and oratorical contests. And each time, I would land a place — sometimes first or second. Then the school would send me to compete in the inter-school declamation contests.
The latter was not my problem. But as soon as the entire school population found out that I was chosen, I’d get stinging rebukes and snide remarks since I was only in second place. The insults would bring me to tears.
So, every night before D-day, I would cry and pray. And each time I felt low and afraid, I’d remind myself of what the principal said to me: “Do not believe what you hear. We, the heads of the school know you, and we know you can do it. We believe in you.” Those words were my battle cry as I went to conquer!
Are you facing formidable foes? Fear not. Jesus says to you, “They will fight against you, but not prevail over you. For I am with you to deliver you.”Chelle Crisanto (ellehcmaria@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
I cry each time, but each tear falls on Jesus’ palm. Then I feel joy.
 
Lord, in You I have strength. I need You each day as I face the battles in my life. I know I will conquer.
 
St. Sabina, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive