A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - August 28, 2012


TRAGEDY INTO VICTORY
 
Therefore, brothers, stand firm... – 2 Thessalonians 2:15
 
Two years ago, I was removed from my job as a college instructor without any just cause. I had a sincere passion for teaching. But in spite of the good things I had done for the school, some administrators were prejudiced against me. This must have been the reason why my contract was ended.
I felt the injustice and wanted to rebel. But my dad advised me not to do anything that may cause trouble. I remained calm on the outside. But deep in my heart, I got severely depressed. I even considered committing suicide because I thought my life was in shambles.
The Lord gave me strength to move on. Through the power of His divine Word and advice of my loved ones and friends from the Sacred Heart Community, I let go of all negative feelings. I surrendered all my problems to Him.
From this, blessings overflowed in my life. I had more time to be with my wife and son. This largely improved our relationship as a family. Another is that I was given a chance to dedicate my time to serve the Lord. God has been resolute in providing for our needs. In fact, I am happier and more peaceful now than before. Dho Rimando (dougsterrimando@yahoo.com.ph)
28
REFLECTION:
God is faithful in His words. He will never abandon us as long as we stand firm in our faith and trust in Him.
 
Lord, teach us to be strong and take courage even in the midst of darkness.
 
St. Augustine, bishop and doctor of the Church, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive