A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - August 17, 2012


ADULTEROUS!
 
“But you thought you could get along without me... You gave yourself as a prostitute to every man who came along.” – Ezekiel 16:15
 
I was in the States for three weeks and I almost forgot I had a family. I have a husband whom I can’t live without and four children whom I simply adore, but I didn’t miss them.
I was enjoying myself immensely being with my brothers whom I see only once in a blue moon. I was enjoying the cool weather, the fantastic food, the wondrous sights, the awesome shopping. There was so much to buy and so much to eat that my “I want” sensor was hitting critical level. Lots of eye candies made me covetous, crowding out the important stuff in my heart.
No wonder St. John wrote, “Stop loving this evil world and all that it offers you....For the world offers only the lust for physical pleasure, the lust for everything we see, and pride in our possessions. These are not from the Father” (1 John 2:15-16). Satan’s tricks to lure us away is centuries old but it still works. As my husband said to me one time, “Your god is the one who gives you what your heart desires.”
Thank God for my daily quiet time with Him. His peace that I receive is far more enticing and alluring than anything that this world can offer! Ronna Ledesma (ronnaledesma@email.com)
17
REFLECTION:
“We use God’s mighty weapons, not merely worldly weapons, to knock down the Devil’s strongholds.” (2 Corinthians 10:4)
 
Lord, my heart is prone to wander, prone to leave the God I love. Here’s my heart. Take it and seal it for Your courts above.
 
St. Joan the Cross, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive