A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

December 1, 2011
FIGHT TINY AND LOVE BIG

“Everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rocks.” – Matthew 7:24

One day, my wife and I had a really big fight. We were getting dressed for a prayer meeting when the argument began. What it was about, I hardly remember. In the car, our heated debate became more intense. When we reached the parking lot of the prayer meeting, my wife’s eyes were so puffy from crying, she didn’t want anyone to see her.
So we drove home with seething rage in our chest, feeling hurt and very silly. Imagine, we got dressed and drove for an hour, only to turn back and go home! When we returned, we continued talking passionately. But finally, after two more hours of arguing, we embraced each other.
That, my friends, was our last big fight — and it happened many years ago. No, we’ve not been all lovey-dovey since then. Because my wife and I have little fights very often. But we have improved. We trained ourselves not to bottle little hurts or irritations. I tell her how she irks me, and she tells me how I offend her. So, my wife pouts her angry pout, and I frown my angry frown. After a minute or two, we’re hugging each other again. And that’s how we keep our relationship strong in the face of conflicts. Bo Sanchez (bosanchez@kerygmafamily.com)
1
REFLECTION:
How do you handle conflicts with the people you love? Is it with love or with hatred?

Lord of Mercy, grant me the grace to always handle minor and major conflicts with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive