A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

September 18, 2011
UNDESERVED BLESSINGS

So when the first came, they thought that they would receive more, but each of them also got the usual wage. – Matthew 20:10

“The office will be sending you to the U.S. for a two-week training,” the audit partner informed me. She also mentioned that I could extend my stay after the training and the office would shoulder the plane fare.
I was ecstatic and told my fellow auditors about it. However, one of the superstars (i.e., an auditor who got promoted ahead of his batch mates because of outstanding performance) in our batch gave this remark behind my back: “Why her?” I wasn’t a superstar but I was chosen among more deserving auditors.
In today’s Gospel, the landowner gave the same wage to all the workers regardless of the time spent. Because of this, those who worked the whole day grumbled against the landowner and accused him of being unfair.
Like the landowner, our God is a generous God. He gives to everyone whether one has done something for His kingdom or not. God doesn’t bless us based on how long we have served Him, how many ministries we are involved in, or if we have accepted Him only during the last days of our earthly life. No one deserves God’s blessings, but because He is generous, He chooses to bless us. Judith Concepcion (svp_jmc@yahoo.com)
18
REFLECTION:
Have you ever been jealous when God has blessed another person? Focus on what God has given you and be thankful for it.

Whenever I feel superior and think I deserve to receive more than others, convict me, Lord. Grant me the grace to rejoice with the blessings of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive